Kate Lyle is an Architect and Studio Manager of Industrial Cold & Food of Ware Malcomb. Kate leads the growth of the Industrial Cold & Food Studio and manages select projects. She has over 15 years of experience in architecture and specializes in industrial cold and food buildings. Fascinated by the transformation of industrial design in America, Kate is interested in exploring speculative cold buildings, industrial/retail hybrids, and how new technologies inform the built environment.
Listen to the full episode below and subscribe to the podcast on Apple.
- Her background – 4:01
- About shipping containers – 7:02
- Cold ready – 10:59
- What creates opportunities – 13:23
- Having processing plans – 16:03
- What could work for your process – 18:18
- Refrigerated trucks – 23:08
- Working to become a specialist in this area – 24:37
- Two ways to build a freezer system – 26:46
- The challenge of automation – 32:06
- Learning really complex automation systems – 33:34
- Having a basic knowledge of different refrigeration systems – 37:49
- Connect with Justin Smith
- Connect with Kate Lyle