Happy days as kids get back in school, the temperatures decrease and everybody is focused and making progress.
Industrial Sale Comps – Lee & Associates is the top Sales company overall this quarter! Bread and butter deals are trending around $200 PSF, $2,200,000 and cap rates have compressed where 6% caps are hard to come by now and the norm is a 5% cap.
Industrial Lease Comps – 505 industrial leases this last 90 days. 18,000 SF in the airport will run you $1.15-$1.25 PSF based on the leases I’ve been working on last week. Building out office space and renovating old office space to modern is coming in around $65 if you are starting from shell.
Office Sale Comps – 89 office properties sold within the last 90 days. PSF is all over the map with properties trading in the $200, $300, $400 and $500 PSF ranges depending on size, location and condition. Cap rates are still hovering in the 6-7% range based on older stock that is in need of renovation.
Office Lease Comps – 875 office leases signed this last 90 days. Most properties I’m seeing are Class B two story office leases ranging around $2.25 PSF Full Service Gross and Class A mid rise office properties running around $3.10 PSF Full Service Gross.
Medical Lease Comps – Only 65 medical leases within the last 90 days. This is typical as the medical office leasing inventory is smaller, slower and has longer term commitments. Class B 2-3 story product is ranging from $2.00-$2.50 Full Service / Modified Gross. Brand new construction is leasing around $3.25 NNN.
Gensler Design Guide
Every year Gensler and many of the top architectural firms release design guides for brokers to stay on the cutting edge of workplace design. I love looking through this every year for inspiration for office designs. Get you guide here. The moral of the story is that using your office design as a tool to help build a positive culture and attract talent continues.
I’m happy to report we signed the lease on the 2752 Walnut Ave, Tustin property. We were able to get the credit company the family partnership was seeking, with a corporate guarantee from a Fortune 1000 company. for a 5 year term. This was another great example of being in the middle of multiple generations, layers of corporate management, working through space planning, architectural design, contractor bids, outside counsels, in house counsels, finance departments, cooperating brokers, city planners, and lease comments and finding a way to thread the needle so that everybody wins. Construction begins immediately.
Here is a quick recap of my current listings and links to all follow up brochures, information, floor plans, etc.:
- 330 S Hale Ave, Fullerton, CA – 45,888 – 90,336 SF sublease to move in November 1. We’re focused on the 45,888 SF portion.
- 26784 Vista Terrace, Lake Forest, CA – 7,019 SF R&D building for sale. In escrow.
- 8707 Sorensen Ave, Santa Fe Springs, CA – 21,000 SF building freestanding building in Mid Counties available September 1.
- 2752 Walnut, Tustin, CA – 18,574 SF industrial building in the Irvine Area available September 1.
- 803 Luke St, Irving, TX – A 2,500 SF industrial unit available September 1.
- 2401 N Glassell St, Orange, CA – A 33,333 SF second story office as part of the Volt Corporate Park.
- 15111 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA – The Whittier Financial Center offering office, creative office and medical suites from 1,000 – 6,200 SF.
- 2681 Walnut Ave, Tustin, CA – 5,019 SF second story office space
- 30240 Rancho Viejo Rd, San Juan Capistrano, CA – Suite C is 1,000 SF and Suite G is 1,070 SF. Office or medical uses allowed.
- 789 W 20th St, Costa Mesa, CA – 2,300 SF freestanding office building.
- 232 Avenida Fabricante, San Clemente, CA – 1,021 SF office space available within industrial condo.
- 9277 Research Dr, Irvine, CA – 656 SF shared office space within coworking environment.
- 7077 Orangewood Ave, Garden Grove, CA – 700 SF bullpen office sublease.
- 15141 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA – Whittier Medical Center offers 1,200 – 6,800 SF of office and medical space.
- 3300 E South St, Lakewood, CA – Lakewood Medical Building, Suite 301B is 1,506 SF and Suite 305 is 1,624 SF.
- 601 W 19th St, Costa Mesa, CA – 2,520 SF fully built out medical suite ready to occupy.
- 27462 Portola Parkway, Foothill Ranch, CA – 2,000 – 10,000 SF medical space built out to suit. Also, 2,000 SF dental suite.
- 500 S Anaheim Hills Rd, Anaheim, CA – Anaheim Hills Medical Building, Suite 232 is 2,254 SF and Suite 242 is 1,953 SF.
- 5475 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA – Anaheim Hills Health Plaza, Suite 206 is 1,130 SF.
- 15651 Imperial Highway, La Mirada, CA – Imperial Medical Plaza, Suite 102 is 2,109 SF and Suite 103 is 2,786 SF.
- 20001 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA – Shared space on 400-600 SF with Seaside Dental.
- 1100 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA – 2,776 SF commercial space ideal for a fitness operator.
- 19816 Walnut Dr, Walnut, CA – $12,000,000 land purchase of a portion of the Royal Vista Golf Course land assemblage.
We have a few industrial office market opportunities for sale at present from $5,000,000-$12,000,000. Let me know if you are a player in this space.
Marathon – Golden Ultra 50k
If you’ve made it this far into the newsletter you might feel as though you’ve ran a marathon. I ran my second trail marathon this year on the 21st of September in Golden, British Columbia, Canada. You can see photos and details here: https://mailchi.mp/goldenultra/come-and-sweat-with-us-3033089. This was 31 miles up, around and down a beautiful section of the Canadian Rockies. Official race photos will be available next week. This was another great opportunity to practice mental toughness, to stay focused on a goal, and mostly to be active in the great outdoors. Happy to share race stories!
Let me know if I can be of assistance with your properties, leases and real estate matters. I’m happy to help!